Flint & Soyars PC
Top Ranked Law Firm in Personal Injury Texas, Arkansas, and Louisiana
It only took a second, and your life changed. What seemed to start out as a normal day has now ended with you in the hospital? Sadly, the injury that you suffered will cause you a lot of physical, emotional, and financial pain. Now what do you do?
This is a scenario that the attorneys at Flint & Soyars, PC have heard many times. A person is injured unexpectedly, and at no fault of their own, and now their life is in chaos. It is for this reason that Flint & Soyars has dedicated our practice helping those who have been injured as the result of negligence by another person or entity.Flint & Soyars has been successfully representing clients in Texas, Arkansas, and Louisiana for over 30 years. We believe in helping everyone who has been injured, and we often take, and win, cases that other attorneys decline. It is our belief that everyone has the right to be compensated for their losses when negligence caused an injury.
Overview Of Personal Injuries
Personal injuries are any type of injury that is caused by the negligent act of another person or entity. These types of injuries can range from mild to severe. The most common personal injuries include:
- Slip and Fall Injuries
- Car and Truck Accidents
- On The Job Injuries
- Animal Attack
- Dangerous Medicines and Medical Devices
- Medical Malpractice
- Nursing Home Abuse
Of course, there are not the only places that an injury can occur. The types of injuries suffered will vary based on the type of accident.
What Is A Catastrophic Injury?
Catastrophic injuries are the most serious type of injury. These are life-changing injuries which may include:
These types of injuries will require the victim to undergo lifelong medical treatment, will change their potential to earn a living, and will most likely cause significant emotional trauma to the victim and their loved ones.
Catastrophic injuries can happen in any type of situation. There are no set standards on how this type of injury has to occur. The determining factor is the severity of the injury.
A wrongful death occurs when a person dies from the injuries that they received as the result of an accident. Wrongful deaths do not have to happen instantly at the accident. However, when a wrongful death does occur at a later time, it must be shown that the death was a direct result of the accident and injuries.
In most cases, the surviving spouse and dependent children are the only people that can qualify to file a wrongful death claim. Some instances will allow additional family members to seek a wrongful death claim if the deceased provided over 50 percent of their income and support. When the accident involves a minor, the parents or legal guardians may have the right to file a wrongful death suit.
How We Can Help
Things may seem hopeless after you have been involved in an accident. The physical injury is causing you to miss work, you have what seems like endless doctor visits, and the bills associated with the accident are piling up on the coffee table. What makes matters even worse, no one from the insurance company seems to understand the seriousness or extent of your injury.
The insurance company is continually declining medical treatment options and sending reps to your home to try and negotiate a settlement. You keep telling them that you are not interested in a settlement because you are not even done with your treatments. The vicious circle continues and the emotional strain from everything surrounding the accident is taking its toll on you and your family.
Enter Flint & Soyars, PC
Attorney Bruce Flint and his partners understand how accidents change lives. They understand the suffering of their clients and the frustration they feel when dealing with the insurers. They know that their clients deserve compassionate and aggressive representation, regardless of the size or difficulty of their case.
When we represent a client we will:
- Listen Carefully. It is very important for an attorney to take the time to listen to everything about the accident and the injury. The attorney needs to be able to connect with their client so that they can effectively represent their case. Our attorneys will always take the time to learn and understand the events that caused your injury and how this injury has impacted your life.
- Be Understanding. We know that injuries received in an accident can often cause problems for our client that makes them feel embarrassed or uncomfortable. We will give our clients the compassion they deserve when dealing with these delicate subject matters.
- Give Compassion. When a loved one loses their life in an accident, the family members are left behind to deal with the aftermath and the emotional pain. We will work with you to help you get through this legal process as gently as possible. We know that you have suffered tremendously and do not want to inflict additional pain.
- Use Our Resources. We have built many professional relationships in the community and we will access all of our resources to represent your case. This may include calling in accident reconstruction specialists, medical experts, expert witnesses, or investigators.
- Negotiate Aggressively. A large part of working with an insurance company is having the ability to negotiate with the insurance adjustor. Our attorneys have specific skill sets that enable them to work with adjusters to the advantage of their clients.
- Ensure Fairness. We will make sure that the insurance company treats you with fairness and the respect you deserve. Our attorneys will make sure that the insurer honors all of the state laws that apply to your case as well as all of the terms of the insurance policy that covers the accident. We will also make sure that any settlement that is offered is complete and fair and covers your actual losses, not just those perceived by the insurer.
Never Any Up Front Legal Fees
There are many people who have been injured in an accident that never seek compensation for their losses. These victims believe that they cannot afford legal representation. In an effort to make sure that everyone has quality legal representation, regardless of their financial situation, our firm works on a contingency basis.
A contingency basis means that we do not require any up-front legal fees for our services. We only charge for our services once your case has been finalized. Our “No Fee Unless We Win” method of charging our customers guarantees that everyone has equal legal representation and that our attorneys will always fight hard to win.
If you have been injured in an accident that was the result of another person’s negligence, you are encouraged to contact our office for a free case evaluation. There are no cases too big or too small for us to handle. We will gladly review your case and provide you with the information you need to determine if you can qualify for compensation for your losses.